The Congress of Berlin by Anton Werner

Friday, February 10, 2023

Finally closed my professional Twitter Account

 I have closed my professional twitter account. I have come to believe that at least in the case of the USA, Twitter(and most instantaneous social media) have become a force that makes politics more difficult rather than easier. I am also opposed to Mr. Musk and his political stance and outsized influence in or politics. Of course all USA citizens have a right to free speech and to petition their goverment. This is the bedrock of the uniqueness of our political system, a system that despite it's many flaws I still believe better suited to human happiness than many other. I will not be part of the mob that tries to burn it down either in the name of Biblical God, or Das Kapital (this does not affect my determination to teach both perspectives to students). You can keep up with my research and teaching developments through this website/blog.